Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

duplicated records

Status
Not open for further replies.

LimonaM

Programmer
Oct 27, 2004
SI
Need some help with records

There are 2 blocks in my form.
In first there are all records i have. In the second are records which i can add to first block.

Some records which i want to add are already in the first block.
How can i, when i want to add some record which already exist, display a message, that this record already exist - but when message appears i can go on with adding records.

My problem is now when i have duplicate records an error appears and i can't add other records so i must close my form. I want that message apears , nothing happens and user chooses other record to add.

Limona,
This post would probably better fit in the Oracle Developer forum ( ), but you may be able to process the records in your second block individually, looping around each in order to trap duplicate row errors (and possibly update instead) - this probably wont work if your second block is a base table block though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back