Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Duplicated messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

saraeban

Technical User
Nov 4, 2002
CA
HI !
I have a user that has Outlook 2000, Internet Mail Only, setup on his machine. He also has 2 different IMAP accounts.
The weird thing is that, suddenly, he's receiving all incoming messages with an attachment. And actually, the attachment is exactly the content of original message.
I already checked for virus or any different setting in his Outlook, but couldn't find anything wrong. Any suggestion ?
Thanks for any help.

Are these the same messages over and over again?

a good way to troubleshoot these kind of issues to pin point the problem is to, in this case, have them delete thier email accounts from the outlook and add one of your personal or work IMAP emails. in return you can do the same on your pc. this will let you and the frustrated user know if it truley is thier computer or if it is something with thier accounts on the server. "Jack of all trades. Master of none."

No, the attached messages are not the same over and over again, they have the exact content as the original message.

By the way, as your suggestion interNETech, I did setup a "work" account in his machine, but the problem still there. Because, it was kind of urgent having this fixed, I just uninstalled/reinstalled Outlook, and everything seems to be ok now.
Thanks all for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back