Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Duplicated Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

bstafford21

IS-IT--Management
Oct 5, 2003
TH
Need help on how to remove a duplicated line that is adding up in my total figure.

Example of the data:

Date Part No Sales Order Work Order Pcs/Min Total Time
12/12/11 123456 789102 654321 25 480
12/12/11 123456 789102 123456 25 480

My total time should only occur for the same SO no (789102) and the total time should only be 480mins. How do I remove that duplicated 2nd line or prevent it from adding into my total time in my Grp?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
Bill

Use a running totals that sums total time, but evaluates on change of sales order. Place the rt in the group footer.

-LB

Hi LB,

Thanks for reply, working on this now, it makes sense to me now and not look at it that way. Do have other Running Total formulas in the report, did not think to use it that way.

While this can be used, having an issue at this moment with Crystal crashing when trying to pull the Running Total Formula, this is probably an issue with my computer and my Pervasive data. Trying to track down at the moment.

Again thanks for the help.

Regards

Bill

What running total formula? When you insert the running total, you sum the total time, evaluate on change of group (if you are grouping on sales order) or on change of field if you are not. You should though, of course, sort by the sales order, if you are not grouping on it, for this to work correctly.

-LB

Hi LB,

I understand exactly what your saying, still have an issue with the software, so will have to uninstall and reinstall to see if issue is fixed. I have tried on another computer and works fine. Thanks again for the help.

Bill

Hi,

Have sorted out my issue now, reinstall Crystal fix. Applied the Running Total and works the way I need. Thanks for the help on this LB.

Cheers
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back