Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Duplicated entries in Exchange Agent when modifing a job

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbwarrior

IS-IT--Management
Dec 13, 2001
PT
Hello everybody,

First I would like to refer that I'm using Arcserve 2000 SP3 with Windows 2000 SP2 on a Domain Controller. Six months have passed since I bought Arcserve and I still don't have it running. Neither CA Support helps nor the Company I bought the software and the installation services.
The major problem is that I can’t use the SQL server and Exchange 2000 agents to make a backup because it won’t work, but if use the Network I can do the backups. So, every time I modify a job, it appears on the Exchange Agent (viewed trough the Network):

/First Storage Group (checked)
First Storage Group (Unchecked)

If I don’t remove the flag from de first check box, the backup will fail. If I change the flag to the check box bellow, the backup will run without any problems, after modifying the job. Does any one know how to resolve this bug?

Greetings,
Carlos

Do you have the regular system agent installed?
You also have to install the regular agent, in order to use the other agents, otherwise you have to browse the network.

Do you mean the NT Agent on the ArcServe machine or the Exchange Agent on the Exchange Server ?

This is what I have :

Arcserve (server): Arcserve Advanced Edition,Open Files Agent, Disaster Recovery
Exchange Serve : NT Agent and Exchange Agent.

Thanks,
Carlos

hiya,
Are you using Computer Name resolution when you add the NT client agent? This is needed if you want to do the Exchange database through the agent, if not you could just expand the network and do the database through there. Not much of a difference as the database agents does the same to the data either way.

g

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back