Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Duplicated control system in /90 cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

picchietto

Technical User
Mar 13, 2003
IT
Hello, I have a BC11 SP13 MD110 with some /90 cabinets.
I have install in some of these /90 cabinets the duplcated control system. Actually each /90 cabinet is composed by LBP9 as Mag. 0 and LBP8 as Mag. 1.

Is it possible to use LBP8 for duplicated side or is necessary to change it?

You can't use LBP8 for initial loading/reloading ==> you have to swap them with LBP9.

Regards

Additional info conserning your case:

"Cabling of Duplicated Control on Wired Magazines

This Service Advice covers the cabling of Duplicated control systems on older type wired backplane magazines for software releases BC 8 and above.

Unlike the current PCB magazines (LPB16 etc), an additional cable is required to make duplicated control work on wired backplane magazines of the type LPB3, LPB9, LPB12 and LPB13. The cable required is TSR 901 0315/600. One cable is required for each magazine and is positioned between DSU:0 and DSU:1.

An example of the cabling for LPB9 magazines has been provided and would be the same for other type magazines. Please note the orientation of the additional cable as it has an ‘A’ and ‘B’ end.

Other points to note are that the LPU cannot reside in slot 73 and also the LPU should be in the same position in the bottom magazine as it is in the top. LSU’s should be located in the BSU slots and DSU’s in the SSU slots

The quarter plugs used for TSR 901 0315/600 cable are the piggy back type and all pins on the plug (odds and evens) should appear at the back of the plug. Only two wires are to be connected between the ‘A’ and ‘B’ ends. The piggy back plug is located between the DSU and the TSR 901 0440/xx cable."

Can't insert pic from that document.

Best regards

Hi Avstral,
thank you, for your answer.

If I understood well I have to change the LBP8 magazine with another LBP9 and then use a special cabling.
Is it possible to find the pictures of this cabling in infochannel ?

br

Put your e-mail here&I'll send it to you

Regards

Hy,
here you have my e-mail address:

picchietto@tiscalinet.it

br

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back