Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Duplicate users

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalibuMike

Programmer
Mar 12, 2002
US
Our IP Office has only been in place for 2 weeks, so I am not sure if these issues are "bugs" or incomptence. Occasionally when I make even a minor change to a user, the system adds a duplicate user. I then have to delete one of the entries. Has anyone else seen this?

This been a common problem with V3.0(40), Although I have seen it once on 3.0(44)

We are at build 44. It has happened at least 4 times so far.

Seen this plenty of times on V3 and even on 3.0.44. I get it most with NoUser duplicating itself.

To test this, I changed a config and wrote it back to a file, and not the CCU. It appears that the software creates the duplication, not the firmware on the box.

Tried a Hex editor and all sorts on the config file, but had no joy yet.

You're not alone!!!

I beleive it to be a manager problem. I had the same problem with duplicate no-user.

I had the same problem with 3.0.44.
I think it's a manager problem.

Alex

I've opened the config on a 2.1 manager, deleted the user, then opened on 3.0.44 and its gone, so I agree, it is indeed manager. I also remember an issue on 2.1.something doing the same thing.

It doesn't bother me so much with the NO USER, but if an extension ever gets duplicated, I revert to my 2.1 trick because I can't have 2 extensions floating around in the system.

Kris G.

I would take this problem to catalyst or avaya. They probably have a patch of fix.

Thanks for all of your replies. Does anyone have the email to report such items to Avaya? I am starting a list.

I have noticed this at a couple of sites I've installed. It's not doing it as much on the .44 load. I know of no way to send this information to AVAYA direct. I took the issue to my distributor, Catalyst, and they work with AVAYA. Once the issue has been given to the AVAYA ATAC, I normally get contacted by an AVAYA engineer. But they work from trouble tickets generated by the distributor. Bottom line, make sure your dealer is working with their distributor. I know AVAYA has created patches fixing bugs, but they are not posted on their website. They are sending directly to the customer or dealer.

The answer my friends is blowing in the wind...ooops wrong answer,

its a "hiiden feature" cused by the user name and the extn name being differnt, hence it creates duplicatwe users.
If you have the user name the same as the extns name this is a temp fiXX

[lightsaber]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back