Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

duplicate the behaviour of filechooser

Status
Not open for further replies.

snuv

Programmer
Oct 30, 2001
GB
Does anyone know how I would go about duplicating a file chooser to work on a tree of data items.

I cant seem to find the source code for filechooser

Alternatively is their a way of building a virtual file system that I can point filechooser at.

Cheers
Snuv

"If it could have gone wrong earlier and it didn't, it ultimately would have been beneficial for it to have." : Murphy's Ultimate Corollary

snuv - did you find a solution? I've been contemplating doing something similar - use the node based gui from a file chooser to display data that isn't file or folder based.

Did you consider using a tree.

Maybe it's not worth dealing with FileChoosers if you're not planning to display files ...

Cheers,
Dian

I havent found a solution yet.

The data structure I'm using will have a very similar structure to a file system and I like the way main control of the file chooser works.

Diancecht
Thanks for the links.

"If it could have gone wrong earlier and it didn't, it ultimately would have been beneficial for it to have." : Murphy's Ultimate Corollary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back