Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DUPLICATE SUBSYSTEM DS4800 IN STORAGE MANAGER

Status
Not open for further replies.

myactayo

Technical User
Jan 20, 2006
PE
Hi all.

I´ve a storage subsystem DS4800. i´ve configured the port 1 of the ethernet interfases over both controllers A and B, but at the time to start the storage manager, it shows me duplicate subsystems.

Could somebody tell me what is happening? some an idea?

Thanks

make sure your network configuration has gateway address on both controllers.
run netCfgShow in the controllers shell and check. to configure Gateway IP address, get he host IP and add it as gateway IP. Run netCfgSet in the controllers shell to do that.

hi,
to reach a controller (as minitor) from a server (or from your desktop), you have many ways: in-band, out-band, ecc.

Probably there is not any problem: you see the same controller trough different paths (ways). You can also remove the all the controllers from the storage manager and add them again or using the discovery (probably you will became to the same duplucation or triplication) or using
directely the ip address of the controller you have configured in A and B.

bye
vittorio

Is this a new DS4800?

If it is connect using ONE controller only then issue a reset command from the Storage Manager Client.

Connect to the second controller ethernet ports using your PC and a switch and NOTHING else (i.e. not connected to the LAN to avoid DHCP issues).

Remove the DS4800 from the Storage Manager Client and re-add it using the default IP addreses for the second controller (192.168.129.101 and 102 if I remember correctly).

Reconfigure the IP addresses for the first controller and reconnect to the network. Re-remove from the Storage Manager Client and then do an auto discover to re-add it to the Storage Manager Client.

Pain in the arse, I know....I recently had this problem and this wall all that solved it on a DS4700.

Cheers

Matthew

-=+ I'm like Ma Bell I got the ill communications +=-

If no disk enclosure is connected to DS4800, then it will added as 2 subsystem. Try connecting at least one disk enclosure to ds4800 and adding it to Storage Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back