Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Duplicate Rows in Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweeter007

IS-IT--Management
Jun 9, 2005
US
Hey,
I am trying filter duplicate rows in a spreadsheet. I need to have more than just one column, the entire row is important. I guess I am looking for a script or something to check each cell in the row to see if its all the same.

Thanks,
Josh

May be it's easier to just import the data into MS Access and create a "duplicates query.

Data > Filter > Advanced Filter, tick the box at the bottom next to Unique records only.

[tt]_____
[blue]-John[/blue][/tt]
[tab][red]The plural of anecdote is not data[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ181-2886 before posting.

There are six columns of information.
Advanced Filter doesnt let me choose all of the columns. Is there certain data that doesnt let me filter.
josh

Advanced Filter > Unique records only will look across all selected columns to decide whether a record is a duplicate or not.

Clicking on any cell in the data set and choosing Advanced Filter will select all contiguous cells. If you have empty columns in your data set, you will need to either remove the columns (I'd suggest this) or select all of the data before selecting Data.

[tt]_____
[blue]-John[/blue][/tt]
[tab][red]The plural of anecdote is not data[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ181-2886 before posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back