Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

duplicate records / ODBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwhager

IS-IT--Management
Jun 8, 2000
US
I am using CR 9.0. I have two tables linked using ODBC.
Table one is called POCPODF and has following fields:
PO_NUMB
PO_LINE_NUMB
ITEM
ITEM_DESC
etc.
Table two is called A1PODTL and has following fields:
PO_NUMB
PO_LINE_NUMB
PO_PRINT_CHAR

Tables are linked on PO_NUMB and PO_LINE_NUMB.
If there is one matching record, when the report prints, it prints the same line twice. What can I do to eliminate the duplicate records from printing?

Thanks much...

Are you sure that all of the fields are exact dupes?

Try selecting Database->Select Distinct Records.

-k

Yes the fields were exact duplicates, but I have spent "significant" :) time playing with the links (there were other tables involved) and I have finally achieved success! No more duplicates, Thanks though!

I have had the same issue with two of my groups. Only 2 groups of 75 repeat each detail twice (but not anything in the group header or footer) from an Access database via ODBC connection. It does not do that in the Access 2000 report, nor will it repeat if I change the value of the field it groups on, to another value in the table. It's so strange I can't narrow it down to where it occurs, though it must be between the data access and the report somewhere. :)
I have checked the join types, and even changed them, but to no avail.
What did you do to solve your "repeat" problem?

I changed the order of the tables used in the table. Putting the table with the most keys as table A and then linking them back one at a time, choosing a few records from each table I added to see if I was getting duplicate records. I never got duplicate records after that. The other thing I was going to try if that didn't work was using A to B, B to C, C to D table linking instead of A to B, A to C, A to D table linking. I had read where some people had success with that. Fortunately I did not have to try that. Good luck. I have really noticed differences in the way CR 9.0 handles ODBC links and the way good old 8.5 did!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back