Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Duplicate record, then edit

Status
Not open for further replies.

RikForgo

Programmer
Jul 31, 2002
US
I have a fairly straight-forward set of MySQL tabes and we're using CF5. We putting together a weekly reporting tool that needs comments from project leads. Most of what we're doing from week-to-week tends to be duplicative, but with minor updates. Because much of what's in the text remains the same, I'd like to be able to duplicate a record, then just edit the new (duplicated) record.

Any ideas on what's the best way to go about this?

why not just fill the field with last weeks remarks, let them edit it and INSERT the record. that would give you lastweeks, and the similar post for this week.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
-Douglas Adams (1959-2001)

Hmmm. Ok, that's just a query on last week's remarks to an edit field and a simple INSERT, correct?

that's how I would do it, yep

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
-Douglas Adams (1959-2001)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back