Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

duplicate offset corelDRAW 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balsinor

Technical User
May 19, 2005
US
How do I adjust the offset for "ctrl + d" (duplicate) in corelDRAW 11? It is obvious in corelDRAW 9. But in 11, no avail. Please help. I'm looking at saving a good hour a week by it landing directly on top of what I have selected rather than off to the side like it's doing now. Thank you if you can produce an answer.

In v12 it is displayed on the top bar with nothing selected, but the easiest way is just to press the + key, this puts a duplicate directly on top of the original and just for information - click on object - move holding left button down - press space bar this will leave duplicate in new position.
Alan

In V11
Clicl "selction tool" in tool box, but without selecting any object. You can in the "propoties bar" there is only adjustment for x and y (place around 8th). you can send up there.

I was frustrated with a similar problem myself and as suggested above, the only way you can even see the input for nudge offset is if NO OBJECTS ARE SELECTED and the PROPERTY TOOLBAR is visible. Then you have to change the values to "0" and "0" and press ENTER before doing anything else or the values will revert to the defaults. Even then, the fix is only temporary and I have learned that I have to change this every time I start a new document and maybe even when I open an existing document. It is so natural by now I just don't remember.
You inspired me to pursue a permanent fix for the problem and here it is - open a new document, set the duplicate offset to zero, and select TOOLS/SaveSettingsAsDefault . There is another option to save only specific groups of settings (TOOLS/OPTIONS/DOCUMENT) but it does not include DUP OFFSET that I could find. Either way, this menu item I have overlooked for 11 years could be a real time saver!1

But why change it when pressing the + key puts the duplicate directly over the original which was the original question. Opening the transform docker and moving stuff (original or duplicate) is also very easy.
Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back