Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Duplicate Names on Label Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mah77

Technical User
Mar 28, 2007
US
Created FSA mailing label report. How do you remove duplicate names of those who have more than one FSA?

Thanks for MOTM guide to ReportSmith. But, apparently, I am missing a vital piece of the puzzle. I have database grouping on and still have duplicate address labels.

Maybe it is because the labels are using derived fields which concatenates the LASTNAME and FIRSTNAME, address fields and city, state and zip.

I have tried writing SUM(DISTINCT"NAMEMERGE")) and I get an error message.

More then likely you have something setup for "Include in Report" and then Database Grouping that has a value that changes and then makes each record different.

Do this:

1. Turn Off Database Grouping.
2. Make all of the data fields "Query Only" inless the data is directly displayed on the label. If the datafield is in a derived field and the derived field is displayed in the label make it "Query Only".
3. Turn On Database Grouping

Specializing in ReportSmith Training and Consulting

Thanks for all your help, I am now duplicate free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back