Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Duplicate MAC Addresses on 1140e phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpmenowpec

Technical User
Sep 16, 2010
US
We purchased a large quantity of nortel 1140e phones, we deployed around 150 of them, We started getting compaints of phones going up and down.. We troubleshooted and found out thtere was about 6 phones,(3 Pairs) with the same mac addresses,the signaling servers only allow one of them to be connected at a time, so they were battleing back and forth for the registration. Is there a way to change the mac addresses like you can on the softphones? 4.5 nortel cs100m.

Sounds like some "nefarious character" has been cloning phones to me. I remember reading some time ago that Nortel were suing a company for building phones and selling them without permission, from repair parts they were getting from Nortel, I wonder if you got caught up in that ....
I do not think you can change the MAC.

they are refurbed phones.. that is what i was afraid of thanks.

Hey think yourself luck we bought 12 MG XPEC Cards at the begining of the year, out of 12 we had 2 with duplicate MAC addresses, 3 with non-production firmware loaded on them and 1 with corrupt firmware. Since the buy out by Avaya the Nortel QA has gone south big time!

I'm not sure if this is of any help to you?.

Restore to Factory Default (applies to IP Phone 2001, 2002, 2004, 2007, 1110, 1120E, 1140E, 1150E, 1210, 1220 and 1230)

The UNIStim firmware release 3.0 for IP Phones introduces the ability to restore an IP Phone to a "factory default" configuration. This can be useful when redeploying an IP Phone from one location to another, when starting to use an IP Phone with unknown history, or to reset to a known baseline configuration.

With UNIStim firmware release 3.0, the following keypad sequence is used to reset all provisioning parameters to a "factory default":
[*][*][7][3][6][3][9][MAC][#][#]
Where MAC corresponds to the MAC address of the IP Phone which can be found on a label on the back of the IP Phone.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back