Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Duplicate Calendar Entries

Status
Not open for further replies.

fieryhail

IS-IT--Management
Mar 12, 2010
Hello,

I'm still new to Exchange and am running into an issue that users have told me has long been an issue with Exchange/Outlook. Users are creating calendar entries from either Outlook 2010, Outlook 2011 (Mac), or their BES enabled Blackberry devices, and there's no correlation to where the entries are created, but there are duplicate entires. Sometimes as few as 3, and sometimes as many as 6-8. Yet, it does not sem to happen ALL the time either. Anyone know why this is occurring and what I may be able to do to stop it? Thank you very much.

Are they all duplicates at the same start and end time? This is not normal (of course).

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Yes, same start and end time. The Outlook calendar shows it basically as having 3, 6 or 8 entries for the same time slot, same appointment. Since I've long been a Lotus Notes admin/user, I've never run into this. Is it true that this has been an issue in the past with Exchange/Outlook? just curious from someone's knowledge in the technical arena, as I've experienced end users can sometimes play things to be worse than they are/were when they're stressed out.

That's not something I've seen other than things caused by incorrect time zone settings (hence the question about start times), or rules that have gone bonkers.

Are all users that are having the problem Blackberry enabled? Is there a pattern as to how those events are responded to? Curious to know if this is something that BES is doing.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Yes, all the users are BES enabled. Running BES 5.0.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back