Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DUplicate address on CMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

beshkey

Technical User
Oct 23, 2003
GB
Hi,

Ok, here is a question that has been a pain in my back, so if anyone can help I will be inedited to you.

We have two CMS systems (one backup) that are based in UK which is dedicated to on of our sites in Europe.

The problem that we face is that once in a while the CMS server starts to flab about and lose connectivity, the Symons wallboards slow down and reset. We have checked the logs and we see a duplicate IP address on the system. Then from no were it starts to work again and there is no duplication. This scenario seems to happen to the backup too,. Originally I was going to change the Clan card but both CMS servers run on there own Clans.

Can you please help?

Kind regards,

Beshkey

Sometimes Firewalls can cause timeout issues, before replacing boards you might try running a constant ping between the nodes to see if that helps.

You might also see if there is a laptop on your network plugging in with a static IP address that belongs to CMS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back