Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Duplicat databases on two computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

putttn

Technical User
Sep 27, 2007
US
I'd like to be able to copy the database of contacts (approx 30,000) from one computer to another on a daily basis. I am working on cleaning up our agents task list and calendar of calls that have not been completed and find that I can work at home evenings and weekends.
I'd like to be able to bring my laptop to work and copy the database before I leave for home, then be able to check for "past dates" and work on cleaning them up. Is this possible without a long download before I leave for home from work.
I have a remote setup but find it very slow when working in ACT. We use Jim Durkins, Task List Plus, Contact List Plus and Calendar View and this tends to slow things down a bit but gives us a nice view of what's on the Contact Detail screen when in Task List Plus and Calendar View.

Our C drive was full. We are looking at going to a much larger drive with faster speed. Before we do so I thought it wise to get any input since it is strictly an ACT server.

Go with the fastest drive you can 10,000 or 15,000 rpm. This will make a significant impact on ACT! performance.

SATA or SCSI drive intrefaces are best. There are also some advantage in a RAID subsystem depending on how big your budget is.

How did you max out 74GB for just ACT!?

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

We have a number of other programs as well that we use to import data to ACT. Outlook, Webgrabber etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back