Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Duplex A5 printing on HPLJ5500C

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghallan

Technical User
Jul 9, 2003
GB
We have a requirement to print duplex on A5 paper on the above printer Despite the fact A5 is listed as printable duplex when we try this setting the driver lists a conflict
the error message is "incompatible options"

Paper size cannot be used with the "print on both sides feature"

thanks

Allan

Hi ghallan,
The A5 media size is supported for duplexing. However it is still not clear whether you would like to go for manual duplexing or automatic duplexing.

Let me have the exact error message that is displayed on the screen before I can suggest.

However you could try the following workaround:
1. Open the application from which you are trying to print.
2. File >Page Setup.
3.Configure the settings so that the paper size, paper type and the paper source matches the media that is loaded in the trays.

Hope this resolves the issue.

Regards
Mathew

Apologies for being unclear - I want to print automatic duplex (the user wants "thousands" printed)

I will give your workaround a try!

THOUSANDS printed????????
Better check the duty cycle of that printer.
Sounds like a print shop order. If this printer is under a service contract check the fine print;you might void the
contract.

Rick Harris
SC Dept of Motor Vehicles
Network Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back