Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dupicate phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawg2

Technical User
Mar 30, 2004
Is it possible to have dupicate phones in same office with out having to log in to or out of? We have used a Nortel opt 61 and I could have dupicate phones in same office one on desk and other on conference table...is this possible? What kind of lincensing and special config would I need to do?

What did you do to resolve your problem ? In the same boat here. Have a ton of duplicates. We usually make one phone the main and make another a phantom # and monitor the main line - down fall is when your on the phantom phone to answer a call to the main # you have to pick up the handset and press the main line monitor key.

you could make a hunt group be the numebr you want. then put members in it, they will each be a unique number, but if the main hunt group number is called you can make all of them ring. if thats why you need duplicate #s

I too came from the Noretel World, and suggest BombOnes method. Just train the users how to Park the call or Transfer the call if the call is intended for a different member. I wouldn't Monkey with BCA keys... Not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back