Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dump of sql database 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyb123

Programmer
Jul 1, 2003
GB
Is it possible to take a dump of the sql database so we can query directly rather than through the defined reports.

I don't want access to the live database, but say, the day before???????

anyone tried this?

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Did something similar with SECC3 using ODBC access to the data ..... much cheaper to buy propriatory ODBC drivers than upgrade the Symp Server !!!!! Will try and find which / how etc

<Do I need A Signature or will an X do?>

cheers.

I'd give you a star but it's taken 3 goes to get this post on........

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

We use ODBC with perl and wrote some perl scripts to dump the entire database nightly to a storage repository. That way we can keep small amounts of data on symposium. Seems the server runs better when your not storing call by call and 90 days of interval reporting :)

Dusty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back