Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dummy VPN question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stingreen

Technical User
Mar 5, 2001
US
OK guys, I'm very new to VPN. I Setup the server and configured the client program with Connection Manager Administration Kit. I tried to connect to the VPN server and I succeded..
Now, the dummy question is coming.
How do I share any files at all ?
Thank you..

1. First you will need to have File and Printer sharing installed. This can be installed from the properties of the network connection.
2. Once that is installed, find the folder that you want to share, right click on the folder and then click on sharing.
3. On the properties window that opens, click on share this folder and give is a share name, the default is the same as the folder name. Then apply the settings.

That is the simple setup. You can later adjust the permissions to the folder, and if the drive is formatted in NTFS you can tighten security even more.
---------------------------------------
A+ Certified
Microsoft Certified Proffesional

Thanks for the reply,
So the connectiong client should see the shared folder in his Network Neighborhood after then right ?

should be able to with the default sharing permissions(Everyone full control) ---------------------------------------
A+ Certified
Microsoft Certified Proffesional

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back