Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dummy boxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimmech

Technical User
Jan 20, 2004
US
Is ther a way to have multiple place holders for an image in a file and have corel swap images from a selectin or external file?

I cant search to see if this has been adressed cause I get a message that the forum search is not working.

Thanks
dimmech

This is doable with VBA, and there are some mail-merge type functions that may work for you. I believe there was a similar question recently about someone to automatically propegate numbers in a series of fixed boxes. That thread may lend some insight.

Not sure if this is what you want, but when you import an image you get an option to "link bitmap externally".

If you select that option, then instead of simply copying the current contents of the image into your Corel document it remembers where the image came from, and if at print time the image has been changed it will print the updated form of that image.

A minor annoyance is that it doesn't always seem to revise the on-screen representation when you update the image, which can be confusing, though it does in practice print the revised version. You also have to be careful not to delete or rename the image. It would also be very nice to be able to link to other .CDR files in exactly the same way but that does not seem to be possible.

Thanks, what I was looking for is a way to layout multiple instances of a master object and be able to edit or replace its contents vector or raster. Kind of how symbols work in flash. Thought It might be possible in vba for Corel.

-dimmech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back