Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dumb Question: Can I use VB 6 to program MS Access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixiepoet

Technical User
Jul 25, 2002
US
Hi everyone!

I am not a programmer, I am a Networks person but we are having problems with our FoxPro 2.5 and I would just rather hire someone to convert all our proprietary software to MS Access. Is the programming language used for MS Access, Visual Basic? Can I use VB6?

I would appreciate any recommendations also. Thanks.

[tt]

I believe Office products are programmed with C++
[sup]
<%=Tony%>

I am a office developer and all the office products are written in Visual Basic for Applications(VBA) code, and you dont want to write anything in VB6 and try to convert it to an Access database, that makes things more complicated. Just use the modules within the Access database to write your code.

I didn't know that VB6 and VBA are different?

So Access is written in VBA?

VBA and VB6 are not much different, but they are different. Yes access is written in VBA, as is Word and Excel. By using VBA you can access excel and word from the Access database. I created an Access Database that is filled in by the user and then they click a button and it fills in a word template from Access. It also loops through Excel and pulls info from Excel and pastes that info into Word, just from a click. VBA is actually a pretty cool language, and there is a lot you can do with it, if you know what you are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back