Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dumb newbie question - Checking current version #

Status
Not open for further replies.

djbutler

IS-IT--Management
Dec 4, 2005
US
I have three IPO's, of different sizes, on campus.

One 412, connected by T1 to a second building. Second building has a 406. Then there is a fiber link to a third building with a Small Office Edition (is this a 403?).

I want to check up on my vendor's support and want to make sure of what versions I'm running.

How can I tell? Can I see the current version by using Manager or some other tool?

When you login to a site go under control unit and you should see the version it is running. You will need manager for this.

Thanks a lot. I knew it must be easy. I'm on 3.0(69) looks like.

Looks like I ought to go for an upgrade...

Not Necessarily, just because you aren't on Latest version doesn't mean you need to upgrade. sometimes if it aint broke don't fix it still applies. 3.1 has had some variable problems. same with 3.2.. but more with 3.2.. more to my recollection probaly you should be on a 3.1 version at least though..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back