Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

due date

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickooo

Programmer
Jun 9, 2002
ID
Hi,

I'm trying to setup an invoice for customer for my renting business. Every month they have a maintanence fee that they have to pay. I tried to organized this as neat as possible. But I need to know how to make a "Warning form" if the customer has not paid it to me after every 5th day of the month ?

Or even better...if I can collect all of them in on form/table.

Please help
thanks
sticko

Stick,

What information are you tracking?

Tenant ID, Amount Due, Due Date, Paid Date etc ... ?

This would affect how I would approch this.

I did something similiar. In my case, the user enters a specific due date in. Then in the query behind the form, I inserted the following:

Elapsed: DateDiff("y",[dateDue],Date())

This counts the number of days the record falls after the due date.

I put an unbound text box called txtOverdue on the form itself. In the form's On Current Event I added the following code:

Private Sub Form_Current()
On Error GoTo ErrorHandler

' Due date is past today
If [dateDue].Value < Date Then

' Displays message in text box
txtOverdue.Value = &quot;This suspense is &quot; & [Elapsed] & &quot; days overdue&quot;
txtOverdue.Visible = True

' Doesn't display the text box
Else
txtOverdue.Visible = False

End If

ExitForm:
Exit Sub

ErrorHandler:
MsgBox Err.Description
Resume ExitForm

End Sub

Then I created a query to count the number of records overdue and put the numbers on the main menu to help flag the overdue.

Linda Adams
Linda Adams/Emory Hackman Official Web site Official web site for actor David Hedison:

turtlemaster,

I tried to track due date.

Gariddon,

thanks for your info, I'll try it

Gariddon,

where do you put &quot;Elapsed: DateDiff(&quot;y&quot;,[dateDue],Date())&quot; ?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back