Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dual Ringing not works

Status
Not open for further replies.

neovoice

Technical User
Sep 17, 2009
DE
Hi All,

I am having a problem experienced by the users himselfs.

They reported that "Dual Ringing" is not working.

For this you have to know, that we are running the Nortel CS1K and the OCS Server.
So we have ip-phones, Microsoft office communicator 2007 client and the mobile phone.

All three endpoints have the same DN, so when a call comes in normally it should ring on both endpoints.
For some users thats not the case (these users have only the MOC and mobile, no ip-phone).

I ask if anybody had experienced the same issue or know that this is a BUG or what do you need from me to help me to resolve this issue.

I hope someone could help me.

Cheers

these phones are built with the same scr key? i would trac a call to that dn to find the fail point. we do not do that here, one number per phone (mcr).. users can use pickup or forward. programming a pbx to key system standards can kill your speech paths to fast. that can caus the same type of problem your seeing.. along with slow dial tone, or problems with transfers that never complete

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hmm ... I didn't really understand that post.

Every phone has his own DN but behind a DN could be an ip-phone, moc and mobile. This is called, by us, fully integration.

I didn't know if the problem is really understood :)

These documents are nice and very good but there are mostly for communication with Exchange Unified Messaging.

The documents for OCS 2007 is also good but there is not explain what is necessary to have the best communication between OCS and CS1000.

So ... they are not help me at the moment.

Communication Server 1000 Converged Office Fundamentals - Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007

Description: This document describes the elements and processes necessary to integrate Nortel Communication Server 1000 (CS 1000) with the Office Communications Server 2007 (OCS 2007) in the Nortel Converged Office.
Type: Product Basics and Reference
Number: NN43001-121, Rev 02.15
Date: 2009-09-09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back