Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dual pxe boot for a diskless thin client

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raul102801

Technical User
Nov 11, 2002
US
I have a few thin clients booting from a k12ltps server and I am adding a windows 2003 terminal services server to give those thin clients access to windows applications as well s linux. Is there a way I can boot from the network using PXE and choose which server I want to boot from (linux/ windows)?
Anyone has any ideas or better solutions?

The way that network boot works you usually only have a single source for boots, and it is advertised via DHCP. What you can do is have your PXE image that has access to the tools to connect to either one. We had PXES clients that can be used to connect via rdp or vnc, so that setup would give you access to either server.

Have you looked at ?

I resolved the issue. I connect to the linux server and installed Rdesktop which I use to access the Microsoft terminal server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back