Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dual monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

helsknight

IS-IT--Management
Nov 10, 2004
US
Most users have a dual monitor setup on their desktop. When users launch citrix applications, the app appears right in the center of half on the left half on the right. I'm assuming this is because citrix is not aware of the dual monitor and it is seeing it as one large screen. Is there a way for me to set up so Citrix apps appears center in only one monitor. Preferrably the main monitor.

Hels

I have this issue also. It didn't seem to be a problem until the latest versions of the Citrix client. But if someone knows a way to configure Citrix to restrict itself to one monitor or the other, that would be really cool. I use primarily the web client.

Citrix sees the two monitors as 1 monitor which is the problem. The only way to deal with this is to set the apps as the res on one monitor (ie 1024*768) then when it starts you can move it arround to whereever you want

Darren

In Windows, applications usually only span one monitor when you maximize them. For some reason, the setting in Citrix to "Maximize on Startup" causes applications running in Seamless mode to span both monitors, regardless of what default resolution I set for the application. This seems like a bug.

Setting the resolution to 1024x768 works fine when I bring up a published desktop first, but most of our applications are published as Seamless applications, and there are farm settings to maximize them on startup. I don't have control over these farm settings. I have administrator rights on the farm, but I'm not "the administrator" of the farm.

So if there were some way to configure the Citrix client to behave better, it would be helpful.

no there isn't

not the answer you want but the correct one.

I have an outstanding enhancement request with Citrix to get it to see the dual monitors as 2 monitors rather than the single one now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back