Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dual Monitor with Excel Add-In Generating Read-Only Spreadsheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBig1980s

IS-IT--Management
Jun 11, 2007
The client has a dual monitor. And, we have a 3rd-party Excel Add-In that "pushes" data into our accounting system from this excel spreadsheet with a click of a button in the Add-Ins tab.

On one monitor, we see the Excel spreadsheet containing this data that we "push" with this Add-In. When we successfully push, the other monitor automatically opens a read-only version of this same spreadsheet.

We need to find a way for Excel to not produce this read-only spreadsheet on the second monitor. You see, as we continue testing, the client is updating the “first” spreadsheet with changes and saving. But, on the subsequent “pushes”, our accounting system is pulling from the read-only sheet and is not updating with changes being made on the first spreadsheet.

We have contacted the 3rd party about this, but they have not responded. I'm hoping that someone out here on the newsgroups has a quick fix, regardless of any experience with this Add-In.

Please help!

Have you checked all the permissions? Do the users have Read, Write and Delete permissions?

My apologies that I am not on this site often, so, if you have a question; unless someone answers it, it might be some wait.

Canadian eh! Check out the new social forum Tek-Tips in Canada.
With the state of the world today, monkeys should get grossly insulted when humans claim to be their decendents

Yes, in fact, the users have Full Control permissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back