Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dual Monitor (same model) - Color Mismatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuckoo4

Technical User
Oct 16, 2002
US
Specs:

2 HP vs17 LCD Flatscreen Monitors
NVIDIA GeForce 6600
Windows XP

I've been using one monitor since February, it came with my comuter. The other arrived yesterday. Both monitors are set to the Factory settings, but the colors are severely mismatched. I've tried adjusting the Gamma, Brightness and Contrast settings on each monitor, resetting the default display in Bios - even messing with the advanced settings in the GeForce 6600...just will not match up.

Is this an issue with the graphics card, the monitors themselves??? Is there anything else I can try. I do web design, so it's important that the colors match between monitors. Am I wrong in thinking that two of the exact same monitors (both new, fairly), should be capable of displaying the same?

Any suggestions or advice are greatly appreciated.

The color calibration of a monitor is a fairly well known requirement if color accuracy is needed. Unless the monitor is very expensive, this is usually the user's responsibility. I do not know if Windows supports multiple calibration files for different monitors operating simultaneously.

I've been unable to find a solution for correcting this myself. I've been reading however, that unless you buy the same monitor model around the same time - part of the same batch basically, it's difficult at best to get them the same.

Is there any truth to this?

Is there a setting for the color tempurature?

6500k, 9300K, etc.

You can also try setting both back to factory defaults.

Hope this helps

Good Luck!

Chris

There is truth to that. you have to think about the parts going in to each one. They might have different suppliers for the same part. Both parts could meet the specs required but one could be different than the other at the same time, if that makes any sense.

THink of it like tires for your car, goodyear and firestone both make a 255/50/17 tire, but one could still give you a different ride than the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back