Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dual Monitor Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

iSeriesCodePoet

Programmer
Jan 11, 2001
US
I just installed a ATI Radian video 7000 seriese card on my Win 2k computer. It has dual monitor support. I enabled the second monitor, but Windows doesn't give me the option to extend the desktop to the second monitor. As far as I know I have the correct drivers installed. I have uninstalled then reinstalled and still no luck. I have also rebooted several times after making adjustments. This card does work on a different computer under XP. Has any seen problems like this before and do you know how to fix it?

iSeriesCodePoet
iSeries Programmer/Lawson Software Administrator

I will be getting a new computer in about a month or so once the new year starts (this is for work). Since a co-workers found this video card, I figured I would give it a shot.

I am having other problems with my computer as well, I am chalking it up to the result of these other minor problems as of now, but I thought I would see if anyone else could help.

iSeriesCodePoet
iSeries Programmer/Lawson Software Administrator

How fresh is the driver being used?

Install the entire ATI driver set, including the tray application, and try to enable dual monitor support through this service.

Do you have an onboard video adapter on the motherboard? It can sometimes be impossible to disable.

Try logging in as Admin (or account with admin privileges). I had to do this to be able to extend the desktop across two monitors using a Radeon 7000. This happens with the latest Catalyst drivers, and the original, plain-vanilla Radeon drivers that came with the card (I bought it a couple of years ago).

I would like to find how to do it from non-admin accounts because for obvious security reasons, I would rather not use my PC in admin mode for normal computing tasks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back