Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dual Boot Win XP and Win 98 on one partition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

junebug12

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2002
US
Hi everybody! I hope someone can give me an opinion on this. I'm doing a dual boot of Win 98 and Win XP. I did two partitions. However, my supervisor (suppose to be a greater techie) doesn't like to have two partitions eventhough I have showed him the microsoft article on it. He says it's complicated with two partitions. I use more than two partitions on big hard drives at home and never run into any complications. What is the logic behind the one big partition? can anyone explain it to me? thanks.

There's no logic to one partition with 2 operating systems - they interfere with each other - which is why EVERYBODY with any experience recommends separate partitions (even M$!). Let your supervisor support the single partition dual boot if he's so sure of it.

hey.. thanks for the info. I'm too busy to redo everything, just ignoring him for now.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back