Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dtsrun - "Package has Completed"

Status
Not open for further replies.

akki007

Programmer
May 22, 2003
GB
I have a .bat script running a dts package via dts run, this is scheduled but on completion I get the message "Package has Completed".

Is there any way to disable this message so the schedule can continue?

How is this message hindering the progress of your bat file?

Thanks

J. Kusch

Because, if the schedule runs overnoght, the message stops the batch file from ending. OK has to be clicked before the next part of the script can run.

Interesting!

Not sure how to suppress the messaging but may have a workaround if you can schedule the DTS package.

SO ... right click the DTS package and schedule the job.

Go to the Jobs folder under SQL Server Agent tab and set the scheduled job up so that it does NOT fire on a scheduled time.

Then in you batch file, is an osql command to start the job as in ...
Code:
osql -E -Q"exec msdb.dbo.sp_start_job 'jobname'

Maybe this may work but if you were waiting in your bat file for the DTSRun to terminate then move on I am not sure if this approach may fire off the job and immediatley return to the bat before the DTS job itself was complete.

Maybe you could add a delay/wait command if you know the DTS package runs under a predetermined time.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

J. Kusch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back