Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTS: Transfer SP - it deletes all blank line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kim1

Programmer
Nov 7, 2001
CA
Hi guys,

When I transfer object between SQL Server, my stored procedure that have blank line were deleted during the transfer.

Is there any way I can avoid this deletion. I want to keep my blank line in my SP.

Thank you very much for your help

Kim Kim

I've never seen that happen when transferring objects. Which version of SQL Server do you use? Which service pack is installed? Are both servers the same version and service pack? Terry L. Broadbent - DBA
Computing Links:
faq183-874 contains "Suggestions for Getting Quick and Appropriate Answers" to your questions.

Yes,

I use SQL server 2000 Service Pack 2, both server have the identical installation.

The Tabulation remains the same, only the whitespace line that are removed.

Thanks Kim

Sorry I can't be of any help. I've not encountered the same problem. Have you searched the MS Knowledgebase? Terry L. Broadbent - DBA
Computing Links:
faq183-874 contains "Suggestions for Getting Quick and Appropriate Answers" to your questions.

Yes,

There is no bug fix related to this.

It is really amazing. My SP is like the following:

CREATE PROC Test
AS
Select 'A'

Select 'B'

When I use the DTS to transfer this SP

It comes out:

CREATE PROC Test
AS
Select 'A'