Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTS Package problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexm

Programmer
Oct 9, 2000
ZA
Hi,

When creating a DTS package on the SQL server and I try to access it from a client machine, I get the error message: "the parameter is incorrect".

I've tried permissions on the users and all that, any ideas how this can be corrected?

Thanks in advance.

AlexM [sig][/sig]

Alex,

A few things to check: Make sure that both the client computer and the server are running the same SP version. This is important due to the changes made in SP2. You should always use the UNC name for source and destination files in every package so that it will be "runnable" from any machine, otherwise you can create a package on one computer that works fine, but when you try to run it from another, it may fail. Also, the user account permission may be different, preventing the client computer from seeing a source or destination file.

If you are still having trouble, e-mail me directly at jdelveau@junk.fhlbdm.junk.com.

(leave out the junk)

Jim [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back