Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTS package backup and restore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmmure

Programmer
Jun 8, 2006
US
Hi,

I'm new SQL Server and created DTS Package. Pls guide me how to take backup my DTS Package for maintaing versions ( I mean stored procedure we use "Generate Script" tab that creats script) and pls guide me how to restore my backup file.
I'm working network computer ( SQL Client ). we don't server system drive access.

I read couple of articles in internet. Still i'm confussing.. Pls guide me.

I'm using Windows XP operating system and SQL Server 2000 DB.

Thanks in Advance.
Mure

If you open the package you can click the package drop down menu and select Save As and save the package to another server on a .dts file.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

My Blog

Hi,

I appreciated your help. I did same in previous without any issues in Development and QA (UAT) Environment. But in Production envt.. I can't because I don't have sufficient rights to do this.

we need to create scripts and we need to submit to DBA, DBA will run the scripts.

For this I tried couple of ways. Saved in .bas file, But I'm fail to restore it. I read couple of articles still I can't.

Pls let me know how to do this. Any help can be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Mure

You need to simply give the DBA the .dts file and have them open the file and save it to the production enviroment. There isn't a way to script out a DTS package for enviroment to enviroment deployment.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

My Blog

Thanks Denny!
I appreciated your help. This will work.

Regards
Mure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back