Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTS - Hunt to second ODN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stroller10

Technical User
Aug 14, 2008
IE
Hi guys,

Just wondering the handiest way to divert incoming calls to a DTS to the second line before it goes to the individual diversion number?

Thanks a lot,
Stroller10

you can't, not a feature, it's the same extension number

best parnum

Thanks parnum,

Can I add an additional number to get around it? Still need the call to divert to VM if not answered?

Regards,
Stroller10

maybe better if you tell us what you are trying to achieve so we can come up with a solution for you, what is the call scenario, why does it need to ring 2 times on the same handset? how long ring time do you need? also what version? MD110/TSW/TSE?

best parnum

Apologies parnum, the user wants to see a second call flashing on the phone while on an existing call. End existing call and answer the second call before it goes to voicemail.

MX-1 3.2

That is ODN2, activate ODN2 on the handset

best parnum

This is the thing parnum, the user has all the buttons in use and doesn't want to sacrafice any of them hence looking for an alt way...

then they must sacrifice a button or get a key strip added on, you cannot perform miracles for them, they need ODN2 active, that's the solution to their problem,

best parnum

I just changed diversion from BSY/NAN to NAN and it is working perfect for me;

MDSH> susip:dir=2600;
STATUS INFORMATION AT 14:23 24NOV11
DIR TYPE TRAFFIC STATE/PTR LINE STATE DIV STATE ADD INFO
2600 DTS SPEECH #0268 BUSY NAN
ODN1:CONNECT
ODN2:IDLE
ODN3:IDLE
END

MDSH> susip:dir=2600;
STATUS INFORMATION AT 14:23 24NOV11
DIR TYPE TRAFFIC STATE/PTR LINE STATE DIV STATE ADD INFO
2600 DTS SPEECH #0268 BUSY NAN
ODN1:CONNECT
ODN2:CALTEREX
ODN3:IDLE
END

that's good, but a 3rd call gets busy tone not the divert?

best parnum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back