Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTS help. please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoggle

Programmer
Jul 13, 2001
US
Last night my boss patched 2 sql servers with the latest windows 2k patches. and now i have a bunch of jobs failing me and i can't figure out why.

here is the error that i'm getting.
The job failed. The Job was invoked by User sa. The last step to run was step 1 (Run DTS: package accounting_Transfer).

This is show step details.
Executed as user: mycompany\SQLServer. ...: Invalid command options Usage: dtsrun /option [value] [/option [value]] ... Options ('/?' shows this screen; '-' May be substituted for '/'): Package retrieval: /~S Server Name /~U User Name /~P Password /E <Use trusted connection instead of /U /P> /~N Package Name /~M Package Password /~G Package Guid String /~V Package Version Guid String /~F Structured Storage UNC filename (overwritten if /S also specified) /~R Repository Database Name <uses default if blank; loads package from repository database> Package operation (overrides stored Package settings): /~A Global Variable Name:typeid=Value <may quote entire string (including name:typeid)> /~L Log file name /~W Write Completion Status to Windows Event Log <True or False> DTSRun action (default is to execute Package): /!X <Do not execute; retrieves Package to /F... Process Exit Code 1. The step failed.

and here is my job. (no password on SA. i know..)

DTSRUN /~SMycompany /~Usa /~N&quot;Accounting_Transfer&quot;

Check your systems group permissions.

The latest windows patches may have changed some permissions or defaulted them for some specific groups.

And definitely test your package execution from the command line on the SQL box logged in as SQLservice. If this errors then you will get a better error description.

Bygs

Thank you. one more question about the groups. my boss also went though and deleted out what he thought shouldn't be there, so what group should i be using/be there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back