Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTS From VB.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArizonaRedneck

Programmer
Oct 25, 2004
US
hello, I'm using DTS packages with sql server 2000. I want to execute the packages from a vb.net application. I can get it to work fine from my computer. When I copy the .exe and all of the .dlls in the bin folder to another machine on the same network it gives an error. Something about the dll not being registered. This is the code I'm using.
Code:
Dim dtsComplete As New DTS.Package()
        dtsComplete.LoadFromSQLServer("CUBE4\WEBTRAILBLAZERS", "*Login*", "*Password*", _
               DTSSQLServerStorageFlags.DTSSQLStgFlag_Default, _
              "", "", "", "COMPLETE", Nothing)
        MsgBox("PACKAGE EXECUTION BEGINNING")
        dtsComplete.Execute()
        MsgBox("PACKAGE EXECUTION COMPLETED")
Please Help.

>Something about the dll not being registered.

So why not register it

==========================
Date is a way to show you care
Time is a great healer
DateTime is just damn confusing

Tim

At first it couldn't find the Interop.DTS.dll (I forgot to include it). After the dll was put in the folder the error changed to the following:
"COM object with clsid{10020200-eb1c-11cf-ae6e-00aa004834d5} is either not valid or not registered."

When I try to register Interop.DTS.dll I get an error message of:
"load library (C:/Program) failed - the specified library could not be found

first I copied the dll into C:\windows\system32
I went to start run and typed "regsvr32 Interop.DTS.dll" and it gave me the following error:
"Interop.DTS.dll was loaded, but the dll register server entry point was not found. this file can not be registered."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back