Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTS Export - bit field is exported as 'false'

Status
Not open for further replies.

redlam

MIS
Jun 28, 2000
US
Has anyone else had any issues with this? I use a DTS package to export data to a text file. I need to import this data back into SQL but I'm running into trouble because the DTS package exports my bit fields as 'True' or 'False' instead of 0 or 1. When I attempt to reimport this, the import fails because it cannot import a value of 'False' into a bit field. This is a dynamic job that exports hundreds of tables so I would rather not consider a hard-coded work around. Instead, I'm hoping there is a setting that I've overlooked. Can anyone advise?
Many thanks...

I don't know of any settings you can change, but what about using a data transform inside your DTS package?

Tim

Thanks for the suggestion. Defining a new transformation to handle the bit fields seems to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back