Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTS Error - Server is not configured for DATA ACCESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkal

Programmer
Jun 24, 2003
US
When I create a new DTS package and add two instances of SQL Servers(source/destination)and then create a transformation task between the two and then go the lookup tab and create a new lookup query and choose then choose the BUILD button in the designers far left hand pane it gives me the names of the remote server and linked servers (with error -Server is not configured for DATA ACCESS) not the named instances of the two SQL servers I chose. I've never seen this behaviour before and am at a loss as to why it's happening.

Server Info:
Windows 2000 most recent SP
MS Developer Version of SQL 2000 SP3

I have sysadmin rights on the sql server with dbo permissions to the databases.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Right-click on the properties of the linked server on the host server in Enterprise Manager -> Security -> Linked Servers. Go to the Server Options tab and check "Data Access" checkbox to allow Data Access. You might also want to enable RPC and RPC Out while you are there.

See if that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back