Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTS - DB2/400 to SQL Server 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varughese

Programmer
Jun 16, 2000
GB
I am trying to transfer data from a DB2 table on AS400 to SQL Server 7.0 using DTS available in SQL Server 7.0.&nbsp;&nbsp;Using IBM Client Access, when I try to view the data on AS400, I get the message &quot;HResult of 0x80040e09(-2147217911) retuned. Unexpected error occured.&quot;.&nbsp;&nbsp;If I attempt to build a query and run it, I get the error message &quot;ADO Error-IBM Client Access Express ODBC Driver(32 bit)[DB2/400 SQL]PWS0007. Operation Resultset not found.&quot; <br><br>I can see the list of tables and the fields available, but am unable to view the data. <br><br>please advice <br><br>

Hi I just joined this Forum and was reading through and noticed you were experiencing the same problem I am currently having. Have you resolved this?

This could be the result of having an older version of the driver installed, or a bad installation...

I'm not 100% sure, though...
Tom Davis
tdavis@sark.com

We use Client Access to access our AS/400 (though haven't tried it with DTS). A couple of things to check:

1. Does the AS/400 file have journaling enabled. FYI...journaling allows the AS/400 to do commitment control - similar to the SQL Server Log file.

2. Does the AS/400 file have a unique key defined? This can be at the Physical file or logical file level.

If either of these two items aren't set, you'll see an error message which states the file isn't valid for operation.

Sorry I can't be more helpful...

Regards...Marc

I do this every day.
We use Client Access Express to access our AS/400.
Choose in &quot;Source&quot; tab: ODBC DSN (for example &quot;ALLST&quot;).
Choose in &quot;Destination&quot; tab: SQL7 database.
Next tab: Choose AS/400 table(file).
At this time we can prevew and change(transform) data types for each field.
Using &quot;Prevew&quot; Button we can scroll first 100 records of
AS/400 file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back