Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTS and Microsoft Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljevans

Technical User
Apr 4, 2001
US
I am trying to set up a DTS package that will import Access data into a SQL table. I create a SQL Provider. I create a Microsoft Access link. I add Transform data between the two. When I right click on Transform data and choose Properties I get the following error:

mmc.exe Application Error
The instruction at "0x1b0416d1" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be read.

I am given the option of clicking OK or Cancel.

When I click OK, I get the following error:

mmc.exe Application Error
The instruction at "0x4214049c" refereneced memory at "0x085784d8". The memory could not be written.

I am given the option of clicking Ok or Cancel. When I click OK, Enterprise Manager closes.

This sequence happens with any Microsoft Access database. I am using SQL Server 7.0 on a Windows 2000 Server, Service Pack 2.

Any help would be appreciated.

Are the access drivers installed on the machine you are working from? Maybe you need to update the Jet Drivers to the latest version?
Maybe the access database it is pointing to is damaged and needs to be repaired.

I will check the Jet Drivers. I have tried doing this with several different Access databases. I would have a hard time believing they were all damaged.

Thanks for the response.

Is SQL 7 DTS complatible with Access 2000? When I create an Access 97 database and try to create a DTS package it works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back