Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTMF

Status
Not open for further replies.

md110user

Technical User
Nov 24, 2002
SA
Hi
I face a problem as follows:
After Upgrade from BC9 to BC12 the digital telephone cannot access the remote PBX as follows:
If you want to use your phone Bank "toll free" and then enter the ATM number the phone bank does not understand the number, so how could I increase the DTMF duration?
2-from analogue telephons it is o.k?
3-from where analogue Extensions take DTMF? from TMU?
4-from where Digital Extensions take DTMF? from TMU?
5-The route is DID/DOD cas Unit=TL30
PBX:MD110 bc12 sp6

note: when I call a remote voice mail from digital extensions and enter the extension number it works fine that is mean my PBX will send the DTMF well!! but with Toll Free number it will not???

Hi
You have to change PARNUM 56 to be 15
BR

Hi
antek, it is 15. my problem is

from where analogue Extensions take DTMF? from TMU?
from where Digital Extensions take DTMF? from TMU?
and how could I increase the time duration for DTMF signal?

Hi antek
It is 15, my problem is :
how to incrase the DTMF duration time?
and:
from where analogue Extensions take DTMF? from TMU?
from where Digital Extensions take DTMF? from TMU?

any Ideas?

Thanks in advance

analog takes the tone from TMU also the digital, but analog take the voltage from RG5DC.

set PARNUM=56 to 15 to be able to send DTMF tones.
forget about who give the tone.

Hi all
All devices connected to MD takes tones from TMU. For example busy, confirmation etc tone (signal)
RG5DC or REU is a ring voltage source for analog device.
But analog devices, like a phone, modem, fax etc. have own internal DTMF generator and DTMF signals are sends direct from this units. No from TMU.
Digital extension and IP or some cordless phone are using TMU to send DTMF.

Question to md110user:
Occur this problem if you dial, to remote PABX, from all type of extensions?
My suggestion
Try to manipulate with TRM parameter on this outgoing route

There are Toll Free numbers that do not send a CONNECT message (since there is no connection there is no charge).
The problem is that the MD110 can only send DTMF after it received a connect message.

To solve this you can set D18 in the Destination Codes ADC parameter to 1.
This setting will generate an internal B-answer in the MD110 which makes it possible to send DTMF.

The advice is to only set this parameter for numbers that don't send CONNECT message since some STATUS message will be sent over the ISDN route because of messages not being compatible with call states.

In my opion the correct operation for Toll Free numbers should be to send a CONNECT message and an Advice Of Charge stating "no charge".

Thank you too mutch guys:
Answer:this occure only from digital extensions (No ip or DECT in the system).

I will try these sugestions and I will inform you about the results.
Thanks againe

md110user we are experiencing the same problem with 800 numbers, did you get this corrected?

Hi Analyst101

the solution still under processing, and I will let you know what is the final result.
BTW: This problem has been countered in some area of Egypt and some far places in Italy (as I heard) and the reson is from the other PBX not from Ericsson MD110.
Q:Analyst101 at which country have you face this problem?

Thanks and I hope to paste the soluton as soon as possible.

md110,

The US, and it only started after the upgrade to BC12.

Hi Analyst101
Thanks for your replay.

I face this problem only one time on BC9, but after Upgrade so many sites I have faced it so many times with BC12 SP6, by tracing the signalling on MD110, It is O.K. so the other end "I mean phone_service PBX" is caused this problem.

You will hear from me the solution as soon as I can, I am now working with phone_service PBX engineer to fixed this problem.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back