Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTMF tones not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

redswine

Programmer
Aug 10, 2005
US
This is an older install (many years old) IP500 and a DS30, currently v9.0.5, but it's been at this level for awhile. On Friday they started complaining that DTMF wasn't working. They can make outgoing calls, but do not hear the tones. But once connected, they can't dial any numbers. But it's not just external calls, the same happens when calling into VMPRO. I can watch in system status and see the digits they're dialing, but it just gives them silence and doesn't register. (They're not using visual voice). I have rebooted the phone system and restarted VMPRO services to no avail.

I had a similar issue on release 9.0 a few years back. In the case I dealt with the customer was able to dial out, but the called party wouldn't accept some of the DTMF digits.

I upgraded the IPO to the latest build of 9.0.X and the problem was resolved. BTW it was on DS30 units in my experience as well. Not sure if this will fix your issue but it seemed fairly similar.

Yeah, 9.0.5 had DTMF issues. At least for VM Pro. It wouldn't suprise me if the IPO had problems too. 9.0.12 is the last version I have on my laptop.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Did you reboot the system and the voicemail?

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back