Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTMF tones not working to inbound AA after Stun server issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FocusTechnology

IS-IT--Management
Apr 25, 2012
GB
Hi All,

Customer system was working 100% with inbound calls over Gamma SIP this week including the AA with options for 1 2 etc.
On Monday an issue occurred with the stun server that was being used which caused loss of comms over the SIP trunks.
This was fixed by removing stun server and setting firewall/nat type to unknown.
Calls work but inbound AA does not, it plays the greeting but does not respond to the DTMF tones.
DTMF on the Voip tab is set to RFC2833 and i have tried the other two options with no success.
I have also tried setting stun to stun.ekiga.net but it still wont work.

Baffled now, does anyone know how to resolve this as i have never seen anything like it.

IPO is V11.0.4.2.0 build 58.

If someone answers the call, is there 2 way audio? Because it doesn't sound like a DTMF issue, but a One-Way Audio issue

Set the DTMF to In-band and see what happens.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Hi All,

I have checked and two way audio is working just fine.
If i send the incoming call to an internal extension it operates as expected.
I seem to get an intermittent issue in that if i reboot the IPO the first call hits the AA and routes, the next call and all other calls just dont respond to the key press.
Tearing my hair out now!

sizbut, i have already tried that and have the same issue.

Oddly i have another client with the same setup and version and theirs works 100%!

Have you tried changing the STUN type to anything else? Blocking Firewall, Static Port Block?

I know that you said two way audio is working fine. But, does that include DTMF tones? Can you hear tones when the caller presses a digit? If so, does the tone sustain as long as the digit is pressed, or is it just a short blip? Sometimes, system-generated DTMF tones (on outgoing calls) do not sustain long enough for remote auto attendants to recognize them. I know that this is adjustable on Analog trunks. I am wondering if something in the SIP trunk is not sustaining the DTMF long enough for the IPO's AA to recognize it. Just a thought.

Sometimes, I feel like a kindergartner missing out on recess, because certain kids won't shut up and get in line.

Hi All,

Thank you all for your help, we finally got to the bottom of it.
It seems that outgoing calls were not working and because of COVID no one was in the office to check, even though they said calls were working :(
Turn out that the RTP ports on the firewall had been removed during a firmware update and causing the calls to connect but no DTMF to be passed, or audio.
Never trust a customer and always look for the obvious!

Thank you for the update.

This will help others who run into a similar issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back