Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTMF Tone being pickep up by VM Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickgrill

Programmer
Mar 12, 2010
US
i have a customer with a IP 500 version 7.0.32. when calls come into the auto attendant, most of them are being cut off in the middle of the message and being sent to the receptionist. i ran VM debug and found that a dtmf tone of 1 was being detected and sending the caller to the transfer function of 1. i have reprogrammed the modules and tried upgrading them from 7.0.28 to 7.0.32. this is a doctors office and the customer is getting very upset, any help would be greatly appreciated.

ACS

I had a similar issue with the 1 being recorded by the users while setting up their names and greetings. It's like the recording didn't trim back a little like it normally does so the VM pro plays the greeting or name along with them pressing the key that they did when initially setting it up. Not sure if this is what you mean. I had them use visual voice to fix that. For the AA , I had them use the PC to record the greeting.

If you are saying its just reacting to the the possible sound of the voice that made the recording becuase it's too senstivie, you may at least want to try re-recording the greeting temporarily in someone elses voice to see if it helps. i had one lady years ago who talked in DTMF.

Hope this helps

There must be interference on the lines hat is making sufficient noise to sound like a DTMF for 1, or (and this does happen) you need to re record the prompt as sometimes the persons voice happens to be he same pitch etc as the DTMF tone. This has been seen on here before and both have been the issue one time or another :)

thanks for the reply. when we did the recording we used the pc to start and stop the recordings so the 1 was never being pressed during the recording. if it was picking up dtmf tones in her voice i would think it would happen every time and always at the same spot in the recording but that is not the case here.

VMPro 7.0.28 is crap.
We noticed that when you record a greeting with the client open and hung up that the client was stuck.
You could do nothing with it anymore.
voice questions did not work anymore etc etc.
The last release (7.0 and 8.0) fixes these issues.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

But R8 does play a mailbox greeting during auto recorded calls (after making changes to modules), so watch out for that one :)

That less annoying then a not working voicemail.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

If you are in the Chicago area then you will find that there are a few back office switches that have a known firmware issue. That issue is that dtmf 1 or dtmf A is generated. As of Feb 2 2012 it was an unrepaired issue.

I was able to analyze the recorded the tone with a software spectrum analyzer.

i am going to have the customer try and re-record the greeting and see if that helps.

ACS

Save the greeting before re-recording and run it through a software spectrum analyzer and look for the two frequency signatures of dtmf 1. What else better do you have to do? Besides the software is cool to use.

You could always untick "allow prompts to be interrupted by tones" to test, that will rule out the greeting at least :)

where can i get the spectrum analyzer software? i am using copper trunks. if i untick to allow promptps to be interupted they will need to listen to the whole message every time wich is over a minute long

I have found servers items that will cause this issue.
1. first does is always happen or does is seem random.
2. were windows stores the paging file is there more then .1 gig available
3. check available ram mem over time
4. does your client use a TV carrier such as bright house.

I have found most of the time, the issue has occurred when connecting to the IPO was via analog lines. The carrier would bring a T1 to the prem then convert to analog lines.

Items one, two and three are a server issue. Item 4 is harder because you have control over the hardware. I would asked the client to setup a log book and every time this issue occurred, document time of day, phone number and asked their customer who they used as a carrier.

I always requested the carrier to check the line voltage prior to the connection to the IPO because getting the carrier to accept the blame is very difficult and this is a go start. Also you have the ability to set the analogue impedance match. go to line\analogue options\start stop then save settings.

you can use the impedance test tool in manager on youre trunks run that and it will set youre trunks as best it can ..give it a go

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

I missed the whole copper trunk thing. Thought your had PRI. You can use audacity. It has a spectrum analyzer and is a free download.

Good luck

Was there any solution to this. I have had a problem with VM Pro not recognizing tones for awhile now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back