Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTMF receivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantra4all

Technical User
Oct 8, 2003
YU
How many DTMF receivers exist on a TMU board?
Which maintenance command will give me the information if I should increase number of DTMF receivers in system (put more TMU boards)?

Hi:
this is extracted from ALEX:
These device types are obtained by usage of the multi-purpose individuals on the Tone and Multiparty Unit boards, TMU, in a LIM. The maximum number of TMU boards per LIM is 24. However, only the key code receivers (DTMF) in 9 - 24 are used. This means the maximum number of key code receivers (DTMF) per LIM is 96 (24 x 4 = 96). The sum of these four types cannot at any moment exceed 224, which is the sum of the multi-purpose individuals in a LIM equipped with 8 (as multi-purpose individuals of other 16 boards are not used) TMU boards (the number of Multi Party Units, MPU, per LIM is 1; it is not possible to mix with TMU in the same LIM).
I have personnaly never used more than 2 TMUs in one LIM.
Hope it helps,
Ali Jazayeri
Jazayeri@kiasagroup.com

So, I suppose that answer is 4 DTMF receivers per TMU board.

What about the maintenance command? How should I know if I have to put more boards?

IN BC12 there is a new card SPU4. It has 32 DTMF recievers and is used for Mobile Extension.

NANSI

You will know this when you get the alarm (smth like "Key code receivers congestion" or like this stuff, don't remember). Your station will block all new DTMF calls for 15 minutes. E/// recommends to install second TMU board when subscribers counts more 80, but in our case 40 sub. causes the alarm, and we installed second TMU board.

Hi,

You may also start a traffic recording on lim to check if the number of dtmf recevier is OK :
TRKRI : [LIM=...,]TIMEI=,TIMEE=,DATE=...;

On printout, you will see if congestion occurs.

3 ways to reduce DTMF traffic :
- use digital phones and digital lines (quite evident)
- set number lenght precisely (if DTS and analogues lines)
- sets aspap on anything else 15
Regards
/rorni

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back