Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTMF Prompt Problems on a Merlin Legend System

Status
Not open for further replies.

coladmin

Instructor
Feb 5, 2003
US
We are having a problem with choosing DTMF options when calling one our vendors systems. It will not recognize that we have pressed the # 1 for example and will just time out and go to the operator.
We are connected to our Telco via a T1 card which goes into a Cisco router and then sends the call over their network.
Do you think that the problem is with the Merlin Legend System on the Cisco End?
Any thoughts on this issue would be greatly appreciated as we call this vendor on a daily basis

Depending on software vintage - you may need to hit the # key twice - to send a single # sign. The first # sign can be interpreted as an "internal only use" code - and thus - not outpulsed. You may have to that for any * (star) code as well, i.e., pressing it twice for a single outpulse.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Would this be true if we are not hitting the # sign to answer the prompts. for example we call an 80 number and we are asked to hit 1 for sales 2 for service etc..... as this is more of what we are seeing

The Cisco router may not be configured for "pass-thru" which would subsequently allow additional digits to be sent "thru" after the call is routed. Depends on the router and what IOS it is running. I would say it is a Cisco issue, or the programmers.

thanks for your help I will take a look at this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back