Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTMF problems with IPO R9 and 4412 sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

vwphone

Programmer
Mar 9, 2005
US
I have a client that is running 9.0.300.941.
She is informing me that when she dials into a conference bridge using one of the 4412 sets, the bridge on the other end doesn't recognize any passcodes with a 0 in them.
She can dial into them using the two 9641g sets and analog polycoms.
They have a PRI and analog lines.
I have had her try both and the problem happens no matter what trunk the call is sent out, so...
Not a PRI or analog line issue.
Not an IP or analog phone issue.
Must be a problem with the 44xx series sets, right?

I built a callflow on my voicmeail pro server here at the office. Since I wanted to be sure which number was actually causing the problem, I made all of her press options repeat back to her what she had pressed. 0-9 and * and #. Voicemail pro hears the DTMF just fine on my system.

What do you guys think?
I thought it might be a problem with their conference bridge host but she says it is happening no matter what conference bridge she dials into.
I am going out there in a couple of weeks and was just hoping for some ideas for troubleshooting or maybe someone knows if there is a firmware issue with some piece of hardware.

Any help would be much appreciated.

could be the other side, sometimes SIP trunk conf bridges are very finicky when it comes to the touch tones.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

I might agree with that if it were a system wide issue but it isn't. It only happens on the 44xx series phones. They used this PRI and these same 4412 sets with a magix before so...
I think it must be a problem with firmware on the expansion module.

I will close out the post with an update.
I went back on site to upgrade the control unit and expansion module. Upon running monitor to check for in and out of band DTMF we realized that the problem was no longer happening. Nothing was changed on the IPO.
I can only assume that the issue was resolved by the hosted conferencing center or the Telco.

we used to see this a lot when the expansion modules were not upgraded to 3.2.999 before being upgraded to the most current release. Havent seen it in a long time we dont have many 44xx phones.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Vive Communications

The ability to reuse their 44xx sets was a big selling point. Saved them thousand$.
Doing what I can to beat out my competition.
I would rather see them sitting in a box at the recycling center to be honest.

Are 44XX handsets still supported?
I though they went unsupported some time ago

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

They are supported on expansion modules only. They will not work on the control unit.

I believe that the 44XX series digital telephones function, but are no longer supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back